City of Mesa Wellness Mission
City of Mesa Wellness Program aims to improve the quality of life of our employees and families by building a culture of health through education, motivation and engagement of all employees and their families to participate in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
City of Mesa Wellness follows the Eight Dimensions of Wellness described below.
1. Emotional—Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
2. Environmental—Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
3. Financial—Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
4. Intellectual—Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
5. Occupational—Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
6. Physical—Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
7. Social—Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
8. Spiritual—Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
In October 2014, the City of Mesa opened the Health & Wellness Center as a place where employees and families can have the opportunity to improve their overall health and wellness. City of Mesa employees and family members on the City of Mesa’s medical plan are able to receive care at the Health & Wellness Center for zero cost.
At the Health & Wellness Center, our Medical Providers, Support Staff and Wellness Team collaborate to provide a multitude of services to address the health needs of our community and ultimately improve the City’s well-being.
Mesa Wellness 360 Program
In 2018, the City of Mesa launched the Mesa Wellness 360 Program to City employees participating in the City's medical benefits plan. Please learn more about this program on the Mesa Wellness 360 page.